Minature Tarot Deck

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Jon Elion

Minature Tarot Deck

Postby Jon Elion » September 15th, 2022, 10:38 pm

I bet I could make a small fortune with these. ;)

Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Re: Minature Tarot Deck

Postby Tarotist » September 15th, 2022, 11:31 pm

I wonder how minature is "minature". I think I might own one already but I don't have a ruler handy to measure the size indicated. I have two Rider Waite Decks one of which is regular size and the other is slightly less than playing card size. I have already made a small fortune with the big cards but nothing whatsoever from the small ones! However, not from doing tricks with them but only using them for their intended divination purpose. I have a certain eccentricity regarding doing magic with Tarot as it seems vaguely sacrilegious to me. Somehow I just can't do tricks with them as I have a vague feeling I might get struck by lightning if I do.

I suppose this is a good opportunity to mention that I have recently authored what I consider the best book ever written on the Tarot. A bold claim to be made when there are hundreds of books on the subject already out there but I actually mean it. Of course everyone knows that modesty is one of my major attributes and I am not one to blow my own trumpet in these matters. The book is entitled Streetwise Tarot and you will find it is sold in bookshops all over the world if you happen to do a search for it. However, I make far more money if you purchase it here! (second book down)
http://marklewisentertainment.com/html/magicians.html

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 16th, 2022, 7:01 am

Jon Elion wrote:I bet I could make a small fortune with these. ;)

"Small fortune." Ha ha ha, that's good. I felt rather dense this morning when I realized it was a clever pun that I had (not so cleverly) missed at first. But then again, I had just awakened and the cobwebs had not yet cleared from my brain, let alone not having had any coffee.

In any event, this seems like an appropriate time to let everyone know there's a new play opening up on on Broadway that's getting advance rave reviews and bound to be a smash hit. It's called "Pun."

It's a play on words.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » September 16th, 2022, 7:39 am

They are a little larger than a mini deck of cards

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » September 16th, 2022, 11:31 am

I think I have one. I had some vague idea that I could carry it around with me and do impromptu card readings if anyone asked for one. Of course nobody bothered and even if they did I wouldn't want to do it anyway.

Zig Zagger
Favorite Magician: Aldo Colombini

Postby Zig Zagger » September 16th, 2022, 4:19 pm

Tarotist:

As a tarotist, you might be interested in this unique deck created by artist and mystic Austin Osman Spare around 1906, rediscovered a few years back in the archive of the Magic Circle, London, by Jonathan Allen. It will now be reprinted, together with the second edition of the book about its discovery and unique design:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... oject_link
Tricks, tips, news, interviews, musings and fun stuff: Have a look at our English-German magic blog! http://www.zzzauber.com
Advancing the art in magic one post at a time (yeah, right!)

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » September 16th, 2022, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the link. Although it is certainly interesting and I wish the fundraiser the best of luck with it I have to say I am not overly keen with all the writing scribbled all over the cards. There is something amateurish and a home made look about the deck. I personally use the Prediction deck which is now out of production and no longer easily obtainable. I also use the standard Rider Waite deck for repeat readings as these have entirely different meanings for the individual cards.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”