Pop Haydn's on the Cover of the March 2024 Issue of Genii

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Pop Haydn's on the Cover of the March 2024 Issue of Genii

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 20th, 2024, 11:31 am

Only $35 a year? Visit The Magic Castle each year as a subscriber to Genii? YES AND YES!
Subscribe today for these benefits and many more at http://www.geniimagazine.com.
In our March issue: The smooth light Southern drawl I hear is Pop Haydn making a pitch for his miracle elixir. It didn’t take long for me to plunk down the cash for a bottle. What I got was something that amazed and amused, mystified and delighted … Pop Haydn’s company for several most pleasant hours doing the interview for this month’s cover story written by Dustin Stinett. Pop is an extremely engaging performer—a perfect example of great presentation and technique, combined with superb taste in tricks.
Our illustrious line up of columnists this month include: “Thoughts,” in which Rafael Benatar explains things your pinky can do that you may not know about.
“Magicana,” in which Jamy Ian Swiss explains—I can’t believe I’m typing this—a sandwich trick. But it’s from Ben Seidman, so it must be a great sandwich trick.
“Expert at the Kids’ Table,” in which David Kaye relates the tale of a kids’ show magician who drove to his gig only to discover he left his props behind!
“Chamber of Secrets” in which John Gaughan is brought before The Learned Judge only to be taught a trick with cigars and playing cards.
“Cardopolis” in which David Britland teaches a presentation of the “Invisible Deck” by Pat Page conjured for a TV show.
“Panmagium,” in which Jonathan Pendragon takes “Copentro” and beats it down to size, getting rid of odd-looking props.
“Artifices,” in which Roberto Mansilla explains a Spanish card trick in English, though it’s still in Spanish.
“Exhumations,” in which Jon Racherbaumer, who recently turned 84, teaches a trick that involves Dani DaOrtiz, Hofzinser, and something else.
“The Eye,” in which Vanessa Armstrong tantalizes you with tidbits of intriguing news.
“Knights at The Magic Castle,” in which Shawn McMaster writes about performing at The Magic Castle while trying to catch all the other acts so he could write his column.
And of course, as we exit February, our issues ties up with reviews of books, tricks, and videos from David Britland, Mark Phillips, and Joe M. Turner.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Re: Pop Haydn's on the Cover of the March 2024 Issue of Genii

Postby Joe Lyons » February 20th, 2024, 5:23 pm

Great article on Whit Hadyn, Dustin.

Enjoyed Chamber of Secrets as well, as always.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Pop Haydn's on the Cover of the March 2024 Issue of Genii

Postby Dustin Stinett » February 23rd, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thanks, Joe. Richard did the initial interview and I did some follow-up with Pop, who provided some great details about his youth.
Glad you liked Chamber as well. Email John! He'd love to hear from someone about the "Chamber of Secrets." He's pretty much convinced no one reads it. :)

Return to “Buzz”